This workshop has been rescheduled for March 2018. Please stay tuned for specific dates!
This retreat offers an exploration of different fiber arts techniques. Classes are offered at multiple levels and taught by experienced fiber artists--Ellen Johnson, Peggy Canterbury, Melissa Carter, Mary Beth Cavert, and Lou Anne Lamar.
The Fiber Arts Sampler Retreat will feature the following classes...
- Color Theory for Fiber Artists
- Introduction to Counted Thread Embroidery (project class)
- Duplicate Stitch
- English Smocking Primer
- Introduction to Embroidery
- 15 Clever Cast Ons and Bind Offs
- Fair Isle Knitting
- Dyeing to Get Some Color (Yarn)
- Picture Smocking
- Christmas Lights (needlepoint project class)
- Continental Knitting
- Top 10 Finishing Tips
- Dyeing to Get Some Color (Spinning Fiber)
- Introduction to French Handsewing
- Introduction to Needlepoint
- Knitting Magic
- Cabling the Quick and Easy Way
- Introduction to Drop Spindle Spinning
- Embroidery on Hand Knits
Classes will range from 90-minutes to 3 hours with many classes repeated over the course of the weekend.