There are no open positions at this time.
Alabama Folk School INTERNSHIP
There are no internship positions available at this time.
The Alabama Folk School (AFS) at Camp McDowell internship is designed to introduce young professionals to arts administration within a non-profit camp and conference center work environment. Interns at the Alabama Folk School will acquire valuable professional skills during their service period and make contact with potential future employers within and outside of the arts community.
The AFS internship is an ideal opportunity for recent college graduates looking for unique experiences to help them determine their vocational path.
The experience will include…
- Serving in administrative roles to support AFS and its programs, including registration and marketing.
- Acting as a liaison and host to AFS students and instructors during programs.
- Shadowing opportunities to connect with artists and musicians at their studios, businesses, and galleries.
Internship Duration & Time Commitments
- The four-month position runs from September through December 2017.
- The intern will work an average of five days per week. Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Weekly stipend of $290
- On-site Room and Board
- Up to two weeks of unpaid leave
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Lisa Marie Ryder, Director
105 DeLong Road
Nauvoo, AL 35578
The 2017 internship program is funded in part by a grant from the Walker Area Community Foundation.
The 2017 internship program has been made possible by grants from the Alabama State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.